About Me

My photo
fighting cancer with food & vitamins

Thursday, October 2, 2014

what's happened ? these last few days

on monday at 9 am i called the answer machine of the doctors and  confirmed for the full  surgery. 

seconds later i started having the most intense panic attack in  history .  holy crap, what did i just do ??  i just signed up for the scariest event ever.

  then the sweating started, if you've seen my comedy set up close, i am usually a sweaty mess, Jerry Lewis style,  this sweaty episode was over the top.  i was instantly soaked, like i had just done that stupid bucket thing, and now comes the shaking... yooza !!..  so i had to take another shower, and re-clothe .. and lay back down

at 10:50  i saw my Pain doctor,,  the script needed to be adjusted to a stronger pill , and now up  to 8 per day..    still in pain all the time, but not as intense. i can not be  creative - it sucks ass.     i will have to un-hook myself from this crap after i heal.  We talked for a good hour about what i was going through, and my  "3 " options.  this visit really helped me calm down,  but i was still freaking out big time..     i took the new script to Kroger , they think i'm some crazed Percoset Freak,,  and this months bottle was giant !!  240 pills,,   ya just gotta love health insurance -   60 pills - $ 15,,  12 pills - $ 15 , 120 pills - $15,, or  240 pills - $15..  wacky..  went  home to lay down......

about 2 pm the nurse called to let me know they got my call and we can start moving forward..  i told her i was F R E A K I N G  O U T !!!!  and needed another 24 hours to decide.  she said that was ok , and understandable.. whew, she could have been really mean

so the rest of the day i talked to my team about what i should do..  

tuesday i re-called and committed to the "full boat" , the  3 surgeons  have to match schedules, and maye today ( thursday)  my surgery date  may be set.

i still want to do option #3 , less surgery , but i went for the full boat..   i think i'd be fine with #3, but he guaranteed !  a quick return of cancer, and he DIDN'T want  to do the lesser job. if they "did what i want"- at a certain point in the surgery, the doctor will have to say , " OK we stop here , because "Mr Expert" on the table  thinks he knows everything" , and the two other guys would be like , WTF , what a douche-bag!!...        and EVEN before this happened, the doctors all would wake up that day, to do a "stupid operation" that they  didn't believe in ~ for no benefit, and just have  crappy attitudes the whole  time.. i need an enthusiastic  team, like they WANT to be..

so i am going to let them be the super-team they want to be and go ahead and  cure me.  full confidence..  it will be way more recovery, but  no guarantee of cancer returning QUICKLY.  he says that with a "little radiation & some Chemo" , i'd  live long time .......    

 the possible side effects sheet is beyond scary.

once inside, they can do what-ever they think might help.  i want as little  good flesh removed as possible.

so i'm waiting , like you , for a  date, maybe next week ? ,  it's got to be soon, this  thing is making it's last ditch effort to consume me,  and the  stronger  pills  don't really cut it.     these suckers are making me sick. i missed work yesterday.  

 i do feel fantastic about how everyone is rallying together. my Positive Vibes & Prayer Team is  10 X bigger than in 2012..  nothing can go wrong with all of us ( especially ME ) staying super upbeat.


it's gonna be really tuff , these next few months.  one fantastic thing is knowing i get to stay home !! and not have to go out into the winter for a while.. i'm going to be pretty beat up, and if i can just stay home, man that would be incredible.

i  made the first call to start the  S.S.  Disability paperwork rolling.. i can see a nightmare on the horizon. according to my 2012 SS statement,  i'd  get maybe $ 1400 a month if it get's approved.  and that's a fund  I have paid into since 1976,  so i will gladly accept it if i can get it.. Most cancer people qualify,  it's not like i'm trying to fake a bad  back. 

the people at work have been really wonderful about my situation.  since July , when it became painful, They've really made an effort to keep my shifts kinda  "weenie" .. if  i get the date for next week then  i am DONE  working for a while.  i am super grateful that they treat me so nice.


ok ,     that's where we are for now


thank you for your love,  sent to me.

stay positive everyone !!  i will too

 

        

8 comments:

  1. Well said. You have to focus with the end result in mind and not everything in between. A healthy normal (for a comedian) Otto on the other side is the end result. Prayers for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya and sending those positive molecules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and in my thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Post! Thanks for the Update!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, understandable all around but moving in a great direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricky: My thoughts & prayers are with you! Because of RA pain & surgeries, I was taking 8 Percocet & 8 Oxycodone IR a day. I also had a Fentynl patch 75mcg & Xanax 4 x daily. With the help of the Pain Center at the nearby hospital, I cold turkey'd the Percocet, reduced the strength of the patch & reduced the quantity of the Oxycodone. I'm now taking 4 Norco daily. I feel like crap but with the Lord's strength, I'll be ok.

    I know you can do it! Love & good vibes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Otto, remember that Friend for Life Cancer Support Network has folks who've been there, done that. We're here for you...we've been terrified, too. Just let us know: www.friend4life.org.
    You are not alone. Best healing wishes,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog Otto! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete