About Me

My photo
fighting cancer with food & vitamins

Monday, April 29, 2013

indy to vegas on $6.56

 my Vegas trip ..............

my wonderful sister set me up with tickets on Southwest. i had not flown since 1998, and was expecting a horrible  experience with the TSA..  i had my food , and my merch  ( magnets & lug nuts with wires stuck in them, and DVDs ) , and some clothes.  they opened it up in Indy , and looked a bit , and it was ok to go.    my guitar  was "checked " and went into the underbelly.. i took the old black one,  just in case............   i brought some hemp/flax/seed granola with raisins, 6 bananas, and 2 avocados ,  for  30 hours , and my vitamins.    i chugged a big 'ole jar of  carrot juice , right before i walked into the airport.. 

bottle of water $ 2.56

the plane was packed,  but it was pleasant ,  4 hours , and i slept some .. 

landing is always a good thing .. yay ..

they broke my guitar case in one spot ,, and they did open it also , so  good thing i had old Blackie in there..  the wasburn might  have  been another story. 

free shuttle to the Hilton Gardens. $ 2 tip .    85 and sunny !!!  palm trees everywhere , super cool ..  not close to "the Strip" , but just across the street from the venue..  my Vegas contact Matt , was a brain injury survivor,  i will blog about his story another  time, it is  unbelievable .  He was  so inspiring,,  the minute i started talking to him.   we hung out till show  time.

Deborah, the show  organizer was another amazing person .  I'm so lucky to have met the people involved with the show.

they truely were survivors,,  i felt like a puss,, all i did , actually since July,  was eat vegetables  .      and  complain

The  Copa Room ,, super swanky, and the event was  powerfully positive.   more than  fantastic. 

after the show we chatted more,  their stories were  mind-blowing

went to bed, got up at 9,, had my last avocado, one  banana and some granola.. .. 

talked to Matt a bit more , and caught the shuttle back to the airport at 10 am  $ 2 tip

breezed right through TSA in Vegas,  kinda empty plane, left Vegas  at 12:45 , and landed in Indy at 7 :20

they   broke the guitar case ,       again,     in another spot..  damn..

trip review - wonderful ..  erased my "fear" of the flying experience,  and  being away from my Juicer & home.
spent  $ 6 .56

to make  wonderful better .  yes that's right , to make the trip even more  fantastic -   an old friend who i had not seen or talked  with for may years was in Indy , near the airport, with 2  other  old  friends, and they picked me up ..   we got to visit for a few hours

when he called and we knew we could meet up,  i said i  had something that might kinda blow their minds...

minds  blown ...indeed..

before i said anything about my deal, i asked them , how  do i look ??    ......  besides the  small amount of gray hair - almost exactly the same.                       it's been  14 years

we took a group photo, i told them , in the future ,,  when you look at this ,  if i start to fade out of it,, call me , and i'll eat some broccoli real quick. 

my life is so much better than compared to last April / may.

the diet  has  helped ,,   but   it's  the loving people who have carried me  along ,  is what  has  really   fixed me.

health report 

attitude .                new - recharged
pain  .                     .oo1
strength                 top notch
overall                   9.5 


i craved the carrot juice , and the vegetables , even just for those  30 hours..  yesterday -  drank a big jug , and had this fruit lunch today ..  feeling  like a  Top Fuel Dragster



 one apple - THE WHOLE thing - yes the core and SEEDS
one banana 
one cup of fresh pineapple 
cilantro

try the cilantro on some fruit ..  it's good for you , and you'll go  

hmmmmmmm   that's  pretty  good



  


  




2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your trip worked out well ! You can take your busted guitar case to the SWA Baggage Service Office, file a claim and they should get you a new case! Don't pass up the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete