About Me

My photo
fighting cancer with food & vitamins

Friday, December 28, 2012

a new year approaches

i had monday & tuesday off  for  X mas, then got  wednesday off too, because of the snow..   that's  minus  24 hours,, dang ...

snow ........  it was almost  3 feet high in our driveway, but  Heather bought a snow-blower  2 years ago, and i fired that baby up .  electric start even !!   and  2 hours  of  snow-blowing , was easier than  20 minutes  of shoveling..   and  today i felt like i didn't  do any snow removal ...  

cancer  ,, i'm over it ....  it's not  gonna get me. it's been almost 6  months since  diagnosis..  if i had  more  cancer than before , i would be feeling it by now ,, i'd be  sick, weak, and frail.  i'd have cancer symptoms - like  ringing in the ears, or night sweats,, or  continued  weight  loss,, ..

 but i'm a bad   cancer patient-- i CAN  gain weight, i feel great , i'm super strong, NO ringing in my ears (( i did have some in july , so i do know what that symptom is )) ,, NO  night sweats...  

4 days  and this  crazy year will be  done,,,  all the  past will be left behind. ....... the  future  looks  incredibly wonderful

now that my Dad is  somewhat OK with me  NOT  being  re-tested,,  i really feel like i have this beat ...     i don't  have the  grapefruit size  tumor,  and i am not "full of cancer"  from chest  to top of head,,  my outlook  is  VERY  good...  

what the doctor said  was  wrong ,, i'm sure  he was just doing what he knows, but they missed  big time with me..    i escaped with no damage, no side effects, no drugs, and no pain...                           radiate THAT   cancer people ,, and use the Chemo on yourselves,,  i was told  i  " NEEDED CHEMO "...  no i don't 


i do feel lucky about this whole deal,,  i'm the lucky-ist cancer  victim ever !!!...    if this started in my lungs, it would have been a bigger mess..  but my tumor was  visible, and  touch-able - LUCKY  i  am ...   

i knew  people liked  me , and that i was a  "good  guy " ,, but  the  outpouring of  love  &  HELP has  blown me away...   the  food  angels -  i don't know who all of you are , but i thank you everyday !!    being able to eat my way out of cancer is pretty cool,,  and  free food ( my medicine)  is just plain fantastic..  

my old  job that i retired from, they were so nice to have me  back, and gave me a better job than i had  in the first place.   my money  woes are almost  over..  one more month and i should be out of  debt...  whew !!!

i used to be thinking  comedy 110% of the day.. 24 / 7 .    365 days a year..    now its  beat cancer !!,,  eat correctly, exercise, think straight, and  stay  calm... 

stay calm,,,  that's a switch  for me...    do  you remember  rubber band airplanes,,  the  balsa  wood  jobs , with the wind up propeller ??  ,,  have you ever wound that propeller up so tight that there are  knots in the  rubber band ?  well that was me - for years !!   wound up so tight, i had  knots in my soul...   and unleashing that wound up rubber band  usually led  to disaster.   and it  did -  i wound myself up right into a ball of  cancer...

so now i look at life differently,,  what REALLY  matters?  what  do i really need to put my energies toward ?? 

staying healthy - if i remain  healthy , everything else will fall into place

i'm ready     to see what 2013  brings

i will be  55 in june...  ha  ha   ha ..  i'm a bad ass           

No comments:

Post a Comment